Thursday, July 8, 2010

Amazing high

I could potentially be in a state of mania right now, or simply elation, but either way, don't care because I am in a fantastic mood.

1. Even though I dread ever showing my (freakishly shaped, according to me) legs, and never ever wear anything above the knee (which means I am always wearing jeans, even in this 40 degree weather), I bought oh-so-fashionable leggings!!! I have decided that f$%^$ it, I am letting them loose (though my legs are still covered, the pants are form fitting). This is a huge step forward for me, or perhaps a step backward in some people's eyes haha!

2. I went shopping at lunch, and to my surprise, I enjoyed myself so much! I hate shopping. I hate trying things on. But this time, I grabbed plenty of stuff, tried it all on, and left with two long light tops to go with my leggings. I actually didn't disgust myself under the painful lighting, and I even fit into size 28 jeans!!! That is incredible for me! I still have about 20 lbs or so to lose before I think I will be a weight that gives me enough leeway and health, but a size 28 just makes me so excited.

3. I am going to L'Entrecote for steak tonight, which I KNOW will be great, and in amazing company too.

Thanks ICE QUEEN for the comment by the way, I love this background too! I read your blog every day and think you're doing an amazing job. Trust me, all this hard work you're doing will pay off because it will only get easier as you get lighter and moving around is less tiring. It motivates me so much to know that it's normal to really struggle, and that you truly have to stay focused. I also see in you how hard we all are on ourselves, and hope you and I will both slowly learn (or are already learning) to give ourselves the credit we deserve. You're probably a great mom and wife, now you just have to treat yourself as though you deserve only the best so you can keep leading a happy, healthy and stress-free life, with many many days of BBQing.

Have a great evening everyone! (on second thought, this good mood could be a PMS upswing! hahaha)

No comments: