Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hump and Bump day

The week's halfway done everyone, and it's time for volleyball! I am so glad I signed up for this league, because now I look forward to every Wednesday! We are starting the summer season now, and I have the same team plus two new players. I think I will assertively tell the crazy beatch I play with that she will no longer be able to only play in the back, because some of us would like to as well.

Today is my day off swearing, yay! I will still try not to, even at vball, because it's hard to get back into it once I've let myself go. I find myself cursing a lot in my head, so I hope that habit will eventually break also.

I was at 158.6 this morning. I really hope I can get down by 1.5 lbs from 158.2 by Saturday morning! Otherwise I won't get any bonus points. I am sticking to the diet to the letter. I even wrote this poem to my competitors to taunt them last night before bed (we're encouraged to trash talk, but I can't curse so I have to be creative):

Fair competitors, friends and ladies
Damsels not born in the eighties
I fear your strength is waning
Since all we hear's complaining

Ne'er ye fret alas
This slump will come to pass
With pharmaceuticals a'plenty
And daily workouts o'twenty

Twould not be fair to tease
As you recover from disease
Instead we patiently wait
For your illness to abate

And even before you've had a chance
To do a little happy dance
The rug will be pulled from beneath your feet
And your defeat, our victory, will be sweet

- Your Amazingness

I can't wait to see how they'll react to it this morning.

Yesterday I took a walk at lunch and did a 40-45 minute workout after work. I did high-intensity interval training (HIIT: alternating from super fast to regular speed in intervals) This time I did 30s fast / 30s regular on the bike for 31 minutes... I was soaked through and through with sweat. yay! This means it's pushing me harder than my regular old workout. It's great to learn new stuff so that I can start seeing progress once again, because I fear I might stay at this weight forever.

Alright, have a great day! Hope it goes by quickly so I can just get to beach volleyball!

No comments: