Sunday, July 11, 2010

Strugglin'!

Well the nightmare will begin at midnight, but it's a healthy kind of nightmare. I am starting the Game On! Diet Challenge tomorrow morning, for the next four weeks.

I have done what I can to prepare. I have made a weekly batch of brown rice and a batch of quinoa (the part of cooking I hate most -- preparing things that take more than 5-15 minutes). I also cut up two cucumbers (the only snacks allowed between our 5 meals) and some fruit (pineapple, strawberries, etc.). All my fruit/veg are washed.

Now I have to figure out 5 meals for tomorrow, plus cook my "last supper". Since I am still generally being pretty good about my eating, I wasn't going to eat too badly since it's counter productive, but heck, I reaaaaallly wanted chips, which is something I never ever eat anymore, for the past 6-7 months. So I am having Angus beef hot dogs, Diet Coke, ketchup chips and some lemonade - all things I am not allowed for 4 weeks. In any case, once the four weeks are up I don't want to eat like this, so I am just doing this as a "goodbye" to my remaining bad habits.

I haven't been swearing much, maybe 1-2 per day. I keep forgetting to pray at night, but I do it whenever I think of it. I will put a note to remind myself next to my bed or something tonight.

Alright, I am off to finish watching the World Cup finals and preparing food for this week... by the way, it is impossible to find bread, ham, wraps, cereal, sauces, or virtually anything that does NOT have sugar or some sugar fakeness in it. So thank god I found a few things without, otherwise, thank god this is only for 4 weeks!!

No comments: