Thursday, July 22, 2010

unbearably excited

after a moment's reflection, I think it may be the double espresso with maple syrup I just had... but anyway, I will write this post as if this excitement is completely natural.

I am so excitttteeeeedddd for zumba tonight! If you don't know what zumba is (not that anyone is reading my blog anymore), check out the link for Bamboofit (the place I go for classes, and they have some cheesy video demonstrating a zumba class). It's basically a really fun, goofy (only because no one can do the moves properly) aerobics class that is broken up into short 'routines' by song. This makes the time pass quickly and hilariously.

I don't know why I am suddenly so excited for it (pretend I never told you about the espresso).

I am also excited I weighed in at 157.2 today, that's one more pound down. I still have two more weigh ins before my day off, so hopefully I can knock off one more pound to make my weight bonus for the week (I would technically need to lose 1.6 lbs for 1% of my body weight to earn my 20% points bonus).

Volleyball was fantastic yesterday, and eating is on track. I am absolutely stuffed from my lunches: remember, I have to eat roughly every two hours, but I have to have double veggies for 2 of my 5 meals, and I decided to make my lunch one big pile of veggies (yellow/green zucchini and red/orange peppers) with feta and rice. The feta's making me more thirsty than usual, and the veggies and rice are sooooo filling. I plan on having a burger (just the patty) with extra lean beef and maybe a little avocado and some tomatoes as carbs (in this game tomatoes and fruit are counted as carbs).

All of my fellow players have noticed that our skin is now looking amazing, which we unanymously agree is mostly due to drinking so much water. I think it has to do with the amount of veggies and watery foods we need to eat and lack of excessive fatty meats, etc. Either way, my pores have always been massive and now my skin looks wayyyy smoother and clearer, so I am impressed. I already drank a lot of water to begin with, but now I am drinking roughly a third more water throughout the day to achieve 3L. Today, because of the feta, I'll likely reach 4L...

In any case, as unenthused as I am about preparing food in advance, this game is extremely effective and is designed to counter the feelings of deprivation associated with most diets. Seriously, I am a pretty big fan, despite hating 99% of 'diets'.

1 comment:

Babs said...

My skin still sucks. Effin' hormones.