Friday, July 23, 2010

Come on get happyyyyy!

Hey!

So I weighed in today at 157.2 again. No change there. But I wont complain. Aside from needing to lose 0.5 lbs by tomorrow morning to get my bonus points, I am trying not to worry so much what the scale says anymore. I have a little ways to go to reach my goal, and it will likely be difficult and slow because it's coming up on the last 15 lbs, so I don't want to become obsessed then get disappointed.

I have been measuring myself, which is a good idea for anyone trying to lose weight. It's the best way I have found to NOT focus on weight, which can at times be a poor indicator of progress. For example, there were weeks where I didn't lose weight but my waist shrunk by an inch. I was clearly gaining muscle, which would later help me lose more fat, so there was no need to fret. Also, after eating a salt-heavy meal I took on a whole 8 lbs in one meal, so measurements kept me from losing my mind.

I am most impressed with myself for not giving into my urge for Diet Coke even when I am allowed on my days off. I haven't drank any alcohol in two weeks as well. I am looking forward to a nice drink on a patio in a couple weeks, but doing this will help me lose the weight for now. And the Diet Coke is an ongoing struggle...

Anyway, got to work now!!

No comments: