Monday, July 12, 2010

and so it begins...

I woke up late for my first day of the challenge, but it was a blessing in disguise. If I had gotten up on time, I would have done my same old-same old workout. Instead, with only half as much time available, I decided to try the high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout recommended by the Game On! people. And boy, is it effective!

In this challenge, you only have to workout for 20 minutes (vigorously) per day, six days a week or more. I normally do 1 hour x 5 days a week plus volleyball (2-3 hours), walking for volunteering (2-4 hours) and occasionally zumba (1.5-2.5 hours if I walk to and from). I also walk to work and back... so it's hard for me to do any more than I already do. So finding shorter, more effective workouts is a blessing, since I can't afford a personal trainer right now.

I weighed in at 164, but it's that time o' ze month, and I ate Angus beef hot dogs and chips as my "last supper" haha! Yesterday and all week I was 162, so I am using that as my official start weight. This means I will need to lose 1.6 lbs per week to get my bonus points. Otherwise, everything else is falling into place. With a lot of preparation, I have my breakfast done (Greek yogurt, no fat, almonds, blueberries, a couple strawberries and some kiwi). For two of my meals, I am splitting one piece of peppered trout, quinoa and asparagus, and for my other meal, I premade a salad and dressing for the week, and just threw in pine nuts and ham for protein and fat (there is veeeeery little oil in my dressing). I don't know about dinner yet...

I have downed almost 2.5 glasses of water (not including sips at the gym), so about 8 more to go for the day which isn't too bad. It will help this bloating go down. I prayed last night and I have been really good about not cursing, so all is well so far.

Alright, wish me luck getting all that water and all my meals in... have a great day!

No comments: