Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 3: Success

Well, aside from a minor slip up (I accidentally took a container filled with strawberries to work instead of my lunch), I did not lose any points today (so far, obviously). To save myself from losing my team a million points, I chose today as my day off from my 'bad habit elimination', so I don't have to worry if I instinctively curse throughout volleyball finals tonight. I will still make every effort not to swear, but this way I wont lose points for it.

I got a friend to bring me my lunch, so all is well in meal land. I am extremely ANTI-DIET, but I decided to partake in this one for several reasons. Mostly, it's a competition, and I like to win. Also, it doesn't focus on how much you weigh, nor will you lose the game if you don't lose any weight, that just counts for bonus points. They are trying to instill in people healthy habits and break bad habits, but in all aspects of your life. For me, I have managed to make sure I get enough sleep, exercise more than enough, take better care of my overall health... except I never quite managed to really explore my relationship with food in any healthy way. Though I am having an odd (not difficult, just strange) time planning my meals, I am never hungry and am eating a healthy variety of foods. Eventually I would like to be able to always look at food as a friend, an energy source, and a pleasure.

Speaking of pleasure, it would appear as though the spell has been broken. I am now down to 160 lbs. The other girls have lost between 4-6lbs already, but that is largely water weight (I don't have much water weight because I already drink a ton of water). So I am quite pleased about seeing the scale move in the right direction, and am looking forward to the 150s. That is a place I haven't seen since high school.

I have to head home to eat a quick meal (I am actually really full from my meals today, so this will be tough) before volleyball. Wish me luck!

No comments: