Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 5 almost done!!

Okay, so this whole food preparation thing aside, this diet is not really that much of a hardcore diet, and all the things involved are pretty easy.

Even the food preparation is easy if you're a decent planner. Personally, my brain is allergic to instructions of any kind, and tends to get them all backwards. So it took a bit of effort for me to figure out how to eat, but it's paid off. I have lost 3 lbs so far. Tomorrow is my day off, so I can eat whatever I want, which means I won't be losing anything. And today was my day off working out. I also get 1 other meal off, which I think I will keep for my Sunday brunches with friends.

I am very pleased because I am not doing anything so drastic that I would gain all the weight back when I stop. Eating five meals a day is a little bit of a challenge because we have to include all their food groups, but in general I could manage continuing to eat like this portion wise, it just might not be distributed quite the same way. For example, they want you to have protein at every course. This can be anything from a little bit of Greek yogurt to lean meat or low-fat cheese, but I would rather eat more protein at dinner and lunch than during snacks and breakfast.

But seriously though, this whole game is a great way to lose weight, and this is coming from the person who HATES diets and fundamentally disagrees with them. Insofar as a diet is considered deprivation of some kind. However, mild deprivation (of the junk food kind) is essential for true eaters like myself who tend to continuously gain weight.

In any case, I am about 15 lbs away from my goal weight, which is so close, but the hardest part. So I am so thankful for discovering this game so that I break through to the other side.

http://bookingmama.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-game-on-diet.html

No comments: