Monday, January 24, 2011

so happy and so dumb.

I am riding high on the knowledge I'm going to Rome very soon... I cannot believe it. A real vacation, to a place I've wanted to go to since returning from India four or five years ago. Eee! My friend and I are booking our time off from work and she will be getting our tickets for our flights this week I think. On my end, I'm starting to budget and starting to read up on Roma and the rest of Italy. I have no idea what I'll do there, but everything I think of revolves around food. I think this is going to be my big reward for all my hard work this past year.

So speaking of hard work, I really ate badly the last two days, but was solidly back into the game today. Saturday I ate mostly just McDonald's, and yesterday I ate a healthy brunch but no lunch and a very fatty grilled cheese sandwich dinner... with Ketchup (a childhood pleasure and my go-to meal when I'm craving something bad at home).

This morning, for the second time in a week, I tried to get a big honkin' Jugo Juice for brekkie, but they were doing inventory (last week they were only accepting cash. argh.), so I went with toast/butter and a yogurt with fresh berries and a wee bit of granola. Lunch was a big (and not very good) salad from Laitue N GO. I tried something different and regretted it. On my way home from work I bought a few groceries and made fresh trout with a big side salad, and kept half of the trout for lunch tomorrow. I will cut up some peppers and throw that in on the side. I mentioned in my title that I am a little dumb: that's because, when I was thinking about my dinner I thought I had made salmon. I liked it, but felt it tasted different. It was only now that I remembered it was actually rainbow trout hahah!

I bought myself some plain yogurt and Kashi high fibre cereal and fresh blueberries for breakfast and I am craving it already.

I started playing volleyball on Monday nights with my new team tonight. My car wouldn't start (have to get a jump tomorrow I suppose), so I had to run to the metro, get out two stops later and run in -30 weather to volleyball. I made it just on time since they were explaining the rules for all the new people. It's so nice to be on a team with friends, and it will be like that on Thursdays as well.

I anticipate I'll be back to 139 tomorrow, at least I should be. I'm really hoping to get down to at least 135 (if not 130) by the time I go to Italy, but it's tough. Now that I have to save for my trip I wont be spending money on any other fitness classes. I also won't be doing the Game On diet for now because it costs too much in fresh veggies/fruit for my budget at the moment. I will just need to be extra careful and try to get out as much as I can when the weather gets just slightly warmer.

Alright, 'nough ramblin'. Time to watch some TV and grin stupidly at my good fortune these days.

No comments: