Friday, January 28, 2011

ramblin'

So I don't have much to say but I decided to write anyway. This blogging thing is a discipline. In order to not have the same fate as most blogs people start, I need to do this regularly, just like exercise. This blog has been THE secret key to my weight loss, and if I stop the blog, I stop reminding myself every day that I am not done yet. This way, I never lose sight of the goal.

I've been eating all home food this week, except Wednesday night, when I had a SUPER delicious burger and fries at my friend's house. I really ate far too much and was worried my 138.8 would be long in the distance, but I am back to 139.6 today, so it's no biggie.

Exercise-wise, I took a quick uphill walk at lunch and will likely do the same today since I need to run to the bank. I also played about 2.5 hours of volleyball. For the first time in my history of playing beach volleyball, I was totally physically exhausted. I think my body is wiped from the 5 days I played this past week, even with two days off in between. My serving went from fierce to feeble quite dramatically. I had to serve underheand at that point. But my attacks (smashes) are getting pretty good, and the advantage of that is that my abs are getting a frickin' fantastic ass-kicking.

Every couple of months I notice that I am capable of jumping a little higher, hitting a little more accurately, diving a little farther, etc... It's amazing to literally feel your insides changing and tangibly witnessing your strength developing. I was not able to come even close to smashing not more than 6 months ago, and now I am starting to get the technique down and am getting quite good. My calves and abs are getting much stronger and I see it.

Today I wont be eating lunch or dinner at home (well possibly dinner but definitely not lunch) since I've once again run out of rations. I am watching my spending now veeeeery closely, to save up for Rome in March...

buongiorno everybaday!

No comments: