Friday, January 14, 2011

Damnit!

(she says, in a drawn-out whine, her voice broken by the stomping of her feet) I so thought I was going to be 139 this morning!!! But I was 141 again... Blaaaahhh!

Actually, it's no biggie, but I was a little surprised and disappointed. Mainly because I actually had dinner way earlier than usual and played volleyball, so I expected that, naturally, I would drop down. I guess not. I still got to see the scale flicker in hesitation, so I caught another glimpse of 139, but I need it to stick. Ah well, I guess that's not in the cards for the weekend, since I'll be having dinners out tonight, Sunday and possibly Saturday as well.

My mood did improve from volleyball, however, the team I play with on Thursdays is HORRIBLE, and since it's two sweet girls (who signed up for the COMPETITIVE league just to have fun, but suck and should be playing on the recreational nights) I have to bite my tongue. I don't like to make people feel bad for sucking, especially because I'm no pro either, but I get so frustrated that it takes the joy out of playing. After my two matches with my actual team, I joined a bunch of good players for "for fun" games afterward, and these games brought my mood back up since I actually got to play hard and move around.

I am sooooooooooooooo happy this week is so almost over. I'm already dying for 4 o'clock though. Ha! This week was a bit brutal work-wise, and I am looking forward to going out with two of my girls for a friend's birthday dinner, and being able to catch up, eat great food and drink yummy wine. I need to let loose. Look out!

I am cold. I know it's winter and January and all that, but still, why is it sooooo cold these days?! I have spent the last two weeks wearing leggings under my pants and layers and layers of clothing because I am just freeeeezing all the time. brrrr.

Signing off for now folks, have to uhhhh, do random stuff on the Internet to kill time before leaving for work.

No comments: