Saturday, January 1, 2011

And so it begins... Entering 2011

Welcome to the future folks! How does it feel?

For me, a late night combined with a little bubbly and too-late desserts means today feels exhausting, but my night was incredible, so all's well in the world. New Year's Eve just happens to be my very favourite moment of the year. Even at the peak of my depression last winter, New Year's Eve was a joyous celebration with my friend's family. I have NEVER felt low on that day in particular, because I always have this illogical feeling that everything will be better just around the corner, but I also feel blessed to have what I have.

That could not apply more this year. If I had been truly open on this blog, you would be able to understand the depths of meaning I associate with this new year. But what matters most is that I stuck to my guns without wavering, without succumbing to anything or anyone who might have tried to get in my way... and I am better for it. I feel like I am 'me' again, something I had lost for years. I don't know if that has ever happened to you, but feeling lost for that long is scary. Nothing feels better than feeling like you're choosing the right life for yourself.

I have lost 43 lbs at least, and am striving to lose a further 10 by the end of winter. From then on, I will continue, year after year, to focus on keeping myself healthy. I lost 10 inches from my waist, and almost the same from all other body parts. I can look at myself and be proud, and even if I will never see myself as whatever I believe to be perfect, I am much more accepting of the fact we all have flaws and you need to stop focusing on them so much.

I dropped some bad habits and took on some good, and for 2011 I'd once again like to work on not swearing so much. It tarnishes my reputation as a cunning linguist :) Otherwise, I want to continue to work on doing what I really feel is right for me, and being there for the people I love. I needed to be a little selfish the past year, so now's my chance to start giving back. Speaking of which, I need to get back to volunteering...

Anything that happens now is icing on the cake. When you feel good about yourself, EVERYTHING is icing on the cake because you have an inner satisfaction that is unparalleled.

I hope that you continue to pursue personal goals, improvements and ambitions, and that you are rewarded for doing so. Best of luck in 2011! Big smooooooch!

No comments: