Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend update

Hi loyal readers!

My spirits are up, despite the rain and not losing weight. This time I haven't forgotten that a certain tme of month brings with it a pound or eight. This time it's just one pound, so that's a big plus... one less hurdle to overcome.

Yesterday I didn't workout because I knew I'd be walking. I had to go into work all day, plus I walked to and from volunteering in the middle of the day. It was nice to be back at Santropol, meeting new people and relaxing. I ate very well yesterday in terms of getting many veggies in. My brother made a delicious meal for dinner with yams, rice, spinach, roasted almonds and a yummy dressing, along with corn on the cob. At lunch I had a chicken and avocado wrap that appeared to be missing the avocado, with a beet/apple salad and a fruit salad.

This morning I slept in and decided to go into work for noon, so that I could workout and eat breakfast at home. I haven't eaten yet, but I did have a pretty decent workout on the treadmill (32 minutes to get to 280 calories) and then 15 minutes of mostly arms and abs today. I will be walking to the office in this miserable weather again, but it's so tranquil there on the weekend. This is the first time I've ever worked on the weekend for more than an hour or so, but it has actually been nice to not really go out, go to bed early, and wake up when I want (which is still early but better than with an alarm).

Alright, I am going to possibly make breakfast, but with someone sleeping in the same room, I think I might have to opt for my regular fruit and toast and espresso at Premium...

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: