Wednesday, June 16, 2010

THE GRAND FINALE PT. 2

Okay, so here I am to wrap up this shizz! Let's start by looking at how I did in numbers:

BEFORE:
Weight: 184.6 lbs (though I was counting from my morning weight of 182)
Waist size: 36 in
Hips/belly: 41 in
Butt: 43 in
Rib cage: 32 in
Chest: 37 in
Neck: 13.5 in
Thighs: 26.5 in

NOW:
Weight: 163 lbs
Waist size: 29 in
Hips/belly: 35 in
Butt: 39.5 in
Rib cage: 30 in
Chest: 35 in
Neck: 12 in
Thighs: 23

TOTAL LOST
LBS: 20 lbs
Waist: 7 inches
Hips/belly: 6 inches
Butt: 3.5 inches
Ribs: 2 inches
Chest: 2 inches
Neck: 1.5 inches
Thighs: 3.5 inches

I am pretty proud of these results, and I am only halfway there. I pledge to continue to maintain the momentum and motivation you all have helped me keep this whole time! Hopefully by December I will have attained my goal weight. I will check in every once in a while to track my progress and keep note of anything special I do to achieve this...

Okay, now about skydiving. What an incredible feeling :) I sadly can't look at the photos on this computer, so I will have to add them later, but let me just say that I went with a great group of people, the staff were amazing and we had the most beautiful weather we could had asked for. I was scared, bu not the entire time. The first sign of fear was when I stepped out of the car, saw the plane and burst into screams and laughter which led to crying hahah! This outburst lasted only a minute, but it did happen again a few minutes later. Before going up we had quite a bit of time to sit outside and see other people landing and getting ready, so I had time to gather my thoughts. By then I was pretty calm inside, but dancing around and hyper on the outside. We finally got strapped up and our camera people started filming us. Then, we loaded into the plane and sat nervously waiting to get to the 13,500 feet mark.

At some point (later found out, at the 5,000 ft. point) someone jumped out of the plane. This was very confusing to us, but it was explained that some people just want to practice landings, for example. In any case, by the time we got to our spot, the door opened and out we went, one by one, with our instructor strapped to us and my camera guy floating in front of me.

The view was very pretty. The freefall felt amazing. The floating part was very nice and my instructor was super sweet and was showing me what things were on the horizon, like Mont St. Bruno and Lake Champlain. The landing was surprisingly smooth and once on the ground, we were all relaxed.

I am so happy I forced myself to do this. I have to say that in some ways it was less scary than bungee jumping, but that's mostly thanks to the instructors, who try to mess with your head the whole time, which I am convinced is a tactic they use to distract people from the fear, and it works.

Alright, thank you everyone for reading me even when it was just my grocery list and workout schedule. You really helped me get through a tough time in my life in a very positive way. As I said, I am going to keep the blog, but I will remove you from the email list. So you can check me out if you like, though I wont post every day. I will likely put some skydiving pictures up soon, so check in if you want.

Either way, have a fantastic summer, a great 2010! I will be working my ass off to be sexy for New Year's!

2 comments:

Babs said...

I am sad to see you go! Your blog has been part of my morning ritual while on mat leave.

I am so proud of you for your accomplishments, not only in terms of weight loss but also with all the tough stuff you went through this year. I sincerely wish you continued success on your weight-loss journey, and all the best in life in general. xoxo

Jen said...

I'm gonna miss my morning reading in the metro!
Je suis très très très très fière de toi ma copine! Je sais que tu vas continuer et je serai là pour te motiver quand tu en auras marre!
Love you!!!
xx