Friday, June 11, 2010

4 DAYS! Relay for Life Day!

I am all packed and ready to go. I am going to the park where the Relay is taking place straight from work, so I am going to be up from 7 am today to 7 am tomorrow (through I have brought blankets and a pillow in case of an emergency nap).

I am proud to say that my friends and family helped me raise an incredible $1,070. Big or small, your donations amounted to a lot, so thanks so much. Most of us have been affected by cancer in some way, so it really warmed my heart to see people reach out for an opportunity to help others cope...

With only 4 days left in my own personal challenge I am still at 163, 162 post-workout. I didn't workout today though since I worked late last night and reaaaaaallly needed sleep in preparation for tonight's event. I have made it my mission to walk for as much time as is physically possible. In the course of my volunteering I have walked for 4 hours straight, so I am aiming for 5-6 hours in total, but broken up into intervals so my legs don't break.

My thumb is doing a little better. It's stiff and the joint's a little swollen, but it's not too bad. I am trying to avoid using it, while still doing regular stretches to make sure it functions properly.

So even though I only have 4 days left, I am going easy on myself for a few reasons: 1) I exceeded my own expectations over the past six months; 2) I have fulfilled every single objective I had, including being more active and taking better care of myself in every way; 3) My birthday is coming up :).

I may have already said this, but I think the week of my birthday will be a little break for me, then I will kick off again after that, to lose the remaining 18 lbs. For now, I am slowly becoming very pleased with my results so far...

Have a great day everyone and wish me luck and nice weather for tonight. Thanks again to those of you who donated, it means a lot to me :)

No comments: