Wednesday, January 23, 2013

RIP

146.2 this morning because I ate a salad for lunch and a smoothie for dinner. I was supposed to go to Portuguese class, but I ended up not going after a lengthy debate with my inner self.

I woke up in a sad mood yesterday. My morning was alright, I was in an ambivalent state. Then, as things got hectic at work and I, along with many others, began to make mistakes on every project, which is something that doesn't happen often. Since I was in an already sad state, I ended up in the ladies restroom with a burst of tears, then after a few seconds, dried myself up and got back to it, just yearning for the day to end. During that momentary lapse of emotional control, I thought to myself, I wonder if my aunt is dying right now. All day I had felt like she was going to leave.

After deciding not to go to class, I went home and tried to calm down. At 5:30 my dad called me to tell me my aunt had passed away at 2 p.m. (about 20 minutes earlier than my outburst). She died holding her mother's and oldest sister's hands, and had been surrounded by loved ones for weeks. I am happy she can rest peacefully now, along with those who cared for her over the last few years. I'll miss her sense of humour and the fact she loved her nieces and nephews no matter how shitty we could be.

I am going to work today because I prefer not to think about this right away. I always need some time to digest things. I just hope work goes well and I can finish off the week relatively calmly.

Having Indian buffet for a good friend's birthday lunch today, so I'll need to do damage control pre- and post-face-stuffing. I will likely go to the gym tonight, if I don't have some sudden outburst later in the day :)

Have a nice day.

No comments: