Wednesday, January 30, 2013

checking in

Hi there!

I am gradually starting to feel better. I am making a conscious effort to counter any instincts to put myself down, and trying to frame things more realistically. I still feel "grey," slow and forgetful, but filling my time with distractions really helps. I will make my way back to the gym today, but a different gym, across from my work, for the time being. For now I sometimes force myself to think about the source of my fear and tell myself there is no threat, it means nothing, and my fear is the problem, not the object of it.

I am holding at 146.8 today, but I did go for a walk at lunch. I am trying to reintegrate my old habits from last year. Eating more homemade meals too. Hairy has been helping me through all this and we have been watching the entire "The Office" series. We are finally at the part when Jim kisses Pam, eeee.

I read a book called Free Will by Sam Harris. It's a sort of essay in plain language and is pretty interesting. I found one his others, entitled Lying, for Kindle for $3 and will read it soon. I also recently finished Life of Pi and thought it wrapped up nicely.

And in case you are wondering, my top movie picks for 2012 are Detachment and Max and Mary (or Mary and Max). In light movies, I'd say "The Mechanic" for action, Friends with Kids and Away we Go. In oddly un-techy science fiction..."Never let me go"... WOW as a writer/editor I realize how shitty that was in terms of proper use of italics, quotation marks, etc. But I just got lazy and need to leave for work now.

Gotta run.

No comments: