Friday, January 25, 2013

bumpy road

145.8 this morning, so I am headed in the right direction, albeit slowly.

It has been a bumpy week, emotionally speaking. Fortunately I have Hairy to try and calm me. I was in a good mood most of yesterday, just long enough to have a great workout: 40 minutes on the treadmill with 35 minutes running progressively faster and 15 pull ups.

I went to pick up our organic produce and made a soup without any pre-made broth or store-bought stuff. It was decent for a first try at making it really on my own, but I will try to make better ones in the future. It was made with a tomato juice (made just of local tomatoes and salt) the farm includes in our baskets. From there, I added an onion--I cut an onion for the first time in my LIFE yesterday by the way!!!--garlic, green cabbage, potatoes, carrots, kidney beans, chickpeas, curry, sea salt from Portugal :), pepper, cayenne pepper sauce, hot peppers, spinach... I think that is all. I pureed it and it was good, but nothing more.

I wont work out tonight and instead I'll rest and try to get my emotions in order. Tomorrow I will hit the gym though, hopefully stronger.

I am starting to really need new workout pants and tops and another sports bra once again. Why aren't clothes built to last? My Lululemon ones bought a few years back have been repaired but are coming apart again, though they did far better than the adidas ones I bought maybe six months ago, which developed holes instantaneously. My tops are getting tighter around the tummy. Even though I try not to buy clothes that are bigger because I want to maintain my weight, I also have to feel confident and comfortable when I work out or I get fidgety and distracted and discouraged.

I have to get going. Have a good one.

No comments: