Thursday, September 2, 2010

countdown to canoeing

I am puuuuuuumped.

First of all, this crap week I've been having is almost over, to be finished off with a portage trip. Secondly, I weighed in at 152.8 this morning.

I didn't workout on Monday or Tuesday. Monday's excuse was laziness and fatigue (I took a half day off work sick because I was sooooo exhausted from Sunday--I hadn't slept all night after almost 4 hours of beach volleyball followed by drinking). Tuesday I actually went to the gym twice, only to find both cardio machines taken. I could have done elliptical, but I really hate the one we have here. I could have done weight training, but honestly I just didn't feel like it at all. Yesterday I played a few sets of beach volleyball, then-because our competitors didn't show up for the second round-we kicked a volleyball like a soccer ball for a bit. I had drinks with volleyball people afterwards, then took a long walk downtown and back for fresh air.

Food-wise, I have been buying food on the fly all week. Yesterday's lunch was a salad wrap and dinner was angus beef sliders (without the bun) and a big bowl of brocoli and cauliflower. I don't want to buy food since I am leaving tomorrow, but I feel I am missing veggies. So I am trying to make sure I buy lunches that incorporate some actual veggies (not like a sub that has a slice of watery tomato and lettuce with no nutritional value left in it, but actual, hearty chunks of preferrably not cooked veg).

Okay, I do have time to write more, but I will stop here to relax a bit before work. For some reason I'm way ahead of my usual morning routine.

Have a great week.

No comments: