Friday, September 3, 2010

Debbie Downer

(sorry to Erika of FATLIKEME, I thought of this blog title and then read your latest entry and realized you called yourself this too, today ha!)

So I don't want to jinx anything, but the setbacks have already begun. Now, for reasons not my own, we wont be leaving the city until 5 p.m., right smack in the middle of long-weekend rush hour(s)... great! I had planned to leave work early and now have to stay and work my regular shift, though all I've wanted all week is to NOT be at work at all.

I am still pumped about canoeing, but worry that being this excited can only lead to disappointment when we get there excessively late and may even cancel tomorrow if thunderstorms persist.

In other news, the past two days I have been voraciously hungry, with bad food cravings and eating everything that passes me by. Luckily I am "good" enough to not overdo it, but I am more concerned about why this is happening. I have a feeling it's that eating less fulfilling foods (pasta instead of meat n' veg for example) is leaving me hungry after a few hours, whereas the "purer" meals leave me satisfied longer. I've heard of this phenomenon before, but have never experienced it before now so clearly, at least I think that's what it is.

I am still between 152-154, which is good considering I have only played volleyball this week and haven't been to the gym since Sunday, aside from 2-3 times I went down and came back up because people were on the machines I use. I also haven't been walking at lunch, except today. I was extremely lazy, tired, unmotivated and irregularly hungry this week, as well as exceedingly busy, so that does not make for a week of consistent exercise. I will try harder next week. I only have 3 more months to lose the weight I want to lose!!! Eeeeeeee!

I hope you all enjoy your long weekends. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't get rained out pleeeeeease!

No comments: