Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back in action

My back is a little better today :) I am able to stand up straight and sit up while breathing, which is a good sign. I had no other physical activities planned for this week, and would normally hit the gym chez moi, but I will take at least a couple days to rest since next week I have court and beach vball two days apart. I want to be able to play and avoid further damage.

I also finally cleaned my apartment, though the person living with me (the ex) has not done his half yet and it's driving me coocoo.

And lastly, I FI-NA-LLY! went to buy a few groceries. I was torn between buying a huge batch of stuff and having it delivered, or taking a bag with me and just filling that up. Since my back was in pain I had to be very choosy about what was essential. I managed to get everything into one bag and have enough food for at least a couple of days (healthy food takes a lot of space because it's mostly veggies and fruit). I just ate a bowl of Kashi high fibre cereal with some shredded coconut, pecans and maple syrup mmmmmm. I also prefaced that with my usual two glasses of warm water and a skin-on kiwi.

Yesterday I just made one big salad with tomato, cucumber, yellow pepper, mixed greens, goat cheese, pecans and turkey with my regular homemade dressing. We just got a huge batch of garlic from Quebec which is phenomenal. I strongly recommend eating local garlic if you have it. I always found that, while it tastes alright, the garlic we get from China smells like dog food. Quebec garlic is powerful and spicy, and has been life changing hahah! I also (bad me) had a few slices of baguette with olive oil and balsamic too.

I have to say that I've been very good and very bad lately. I have been very good in that I make sure to be conscious of what I am eating at all times, even when looking around for something "junky" to eat. I usually end up opting for products that are a balance between fewer calories AND not too toxic ingredients. I have been bad because I am focusing mainly on calories and not so much on content. I am allowing myself baguette at home for example, which is something I now leave as a treat for outside the home like ice cream and chips. BUt all is not lost. I am making sure to get enough protein and veggies as best I can, even when I eat out which is near impossible, and I haven't gained any weight.

Actually, as usual, I should have known that my TOM (time of month) was coming when my weight dropped to 152. I always hit my lowest weight before the scale creeps up with bloating. It's not so bad anymore though. Since I have started drinking so much water, I bloat for about 2 lbs as opposed to 4-5. My weight has been mostly between 153.8 and 154.6, but it was slowly going downward. I hope this back thing doesn't set me back too much. I have to be careful now...

I realized that I am only 12 lbs away from my goal now. eeee. While I haven't been as committed as before, a lot of my healthy habits are now ingrained in me and have become routine. I realized I wont need to go to the gym this fall because I will have enough activities outside of the gym. This makes me happy because when the sun starts rising later and setting earlier, I lose all motivation to go. I am usually pumped by January, so maybe I will start back up then. I am assuming I'll have moved by then and will have signed up for some gym.

Alright, I am off to work. Let's hope my back will hold up!

No comments: