Friday, September 10, 2010

slumpish

Heya!

Long time no write. I have barely had time to shower over the last few days, or talk to my family, or see some of my close friends... I think I am a little out of control with constant plans with different people. I think next week I will spend some time by myself and tell people NO for once :) We'll see how that pans out.

My canoe trip was a disaster/amazing fun time! The weather was horrible for most of the trip, so canoeing was an insane physical and mental challenge. Then, instead of doing any portage, we stayed at our site the whole time to avoid breaking our arms in the same brutal conditions. The return home was the most frustrating because the water conditions were perfect, which made it painfully (in the most literal sense) noticeable that the guy on the canoe with me had no clue and I ended up hurting my back doing all the work.

The great parts were the people, who were all very nice and all the girls had crazy laughing outbursts all the time. We really got along well. The guys were also a lot of fun. One of the nights we had fire-cooked duck, potatoes and the guys had to go pick wild mushrooms too. We had about 500 lbs of food to haul up into a tree to hide it from bears, I guess that's what you get for travelling with French people ha! Great times, great food (for camping) and loads of bread :) I didn't gain a pound though even though I stuffed my face all weekend, mainly because of the canoe work.

Algonquin Park is beautiful, and we saw no people almost the entire time. I woke up earlier than everyone, so I'd enjoy my nice, quiet, warm mornings alone, and somehow, for the first time ever, I slept like a baby despite the humid cold.

Now back to the city, I've been having a rough couple weeks at work and am just trying to get through each day. I've spent most of this week hanging out with beach volleyball people and drinking more than usual. It's not out of hand or anything, but after this weekend I need to calm down a bit and get back to working out. Because of the insane social life of the past couple weeks, I haven't hauled ass to the gym more than once. I am still watching what I eat carefully and taking walks at lunch. I am now debating whether to add one more day of volleyball per week... tempting.

I am starting indoor court vball Monday, so I may also do indoor beach on Wednesdays. I will decide today.

I just bought expensive Lululemon workout clothes, but it was finally worth it. I needed tight-fitting capris for indoor vball (to go under knee pads), since I don't ever wear shorts. I also needed some tops made for working out, since I look like a sweaty greaseball when I workout in my cotton tees (I sweat more than most girls). It was a fully worthwhile investment, and I bought my pants one size smaller than usual in anticipation of further weight loss. (I squeezed into a 6 comfortably, but the 8s are technically the right size.) They are super cool and maybe I'll post a photo in my new gear soon...

Alright, I have to go to work. Oh, I forgot to mention I have no food at home so I've been careful about what I am eating 'out', but not nearly enough veggies and I'm definitely not eating enough food, but it's keeping me at 154 without working out and I am focusing on getting enough fruit, greens, protein and not excessive bread/wraps. So far so good.

Have a great day!

No comments: