Monday, September 20, 2010

Blessings in disguise

I have calmed down a lot since Friday :) It was a very, very rough day for me (read crash and burn), but two days with a good friend at her cottage tucked away in a beautiful forest in front of a tranquil lake with no one around was precisely what I needed. I spent most of my time playing with the new kitten, who is so adorable. I don't normally like cats, but this one is a bit like a puppy.

I was debating at length with myself about whether or not to take the chance of playing volleyball tonight. I did not exercise last week at all aside from walking, compromising my weight loss progress. I needed to give my back time to heal. I had thought about skipping vball since my back isn't totally better, but I probably would end up going anyway. Alas! I received an email this morning announcing that volleyball is cancelled for this week. While this saddens me, the child in me feels better not playing knowing that no one else will be playing either. I will start with beach volleyball on Wednesday and see how that goes, then I am supposed to try my ex-personal trainer's first outdoor bootcamp class. He says he will adjust it for beginner/advanced, so if my back's giving me trouble I'll tell him to go easy on me.

I met up with some friends last night upon returning from the cottage, and we had a blast. We had "le fou rire" the entire time because of all the absurdities we would bring up in between "real" conversation. What a saviour it is to have fun, good friends. Meeting people who share the same values as me and find joy in the simple things has been refreshing to no end. I am starting to feel fulfilled with my life.

Alright, enough la-dee-daaa, off to work I go I go.

No comments: