Friday, August 20, 2010

progress

I feel skinny today. yay! My favourite thing about getting thinner and feeling "tighter" is that clothes just hang in all the right places. It's no longer a constant effort to hide this and that. Yes, I still have parts that bulge or fold in not so appealing ways, but with time and a lot of effort that will change. I'm willing to do the work, I just need to be patient. Like Buddha. Except the not eating part.

I did not sleep a wink last night. I am angry about this. I like my sleep. I will come home from work this afternoon and crash, if that doesn't happen throughout the day. I went for coffee to see my friend who's just returned from Algeria, and to say farewell to a close friend who's leaving to do international development work in Iraq for a year. I am happy and sad all at once.

So yeah, I was careful enough this week to get back down to 155, so next week's mission is getting to 153 again and then beyond.

Have a nice day at work everyone!

No comments: