Monday, August 16, 2010

My 200th post.

And oh how eneventful it will be ha!

First of all, I already wrote today, secondly, I'm about to talk about digestion. Oh, I will add some pictures too so you can see what I look like recently, after losing 30 lbs.

I wanted to confirm that my usual purging routine worked. If you are feeling bloated or constipated or just crappy overall, try it. The most important ingredient is eating a kiwi every day (with the skin ON, thoroughly washed). I cut it into quarters and it is so yummy right before breakfast. After a few days, you should see a noticeable change in your digestive output, to put it delicately.

For more immediate results, I add a half glass of pure pomegranate juice diluted in water.

The final trick is to drink two glasses of warm water first thing when you wake up.

All of these suckers work as well if not better than other people's "coffee and cigarette" laxative.

For me, having no particular digestive problems, this simply leaves me feeling lighter, less bloated and healthier. Kiwis have a ton of vitamin C (more than oranges) and other great things. I don't advocate weird diets or dietary obsessions, but the kiwi thing really helped make everything in my body run more smoothly. And I noticed that change before I knew anything about its nutritional value, so it's not some hocus pocus.

In any case, though all my bloating from the weekend was purged early in the day, the afternoon brought with it time of the month bloat and back pain. I downed an Advil and have been drinking a glass of water about every 30-60 minutes. I am also eating pretty light food. After breakfast I had a couple crackers and some yellow pepper slices with hummus. For lunch I made a salad with mixed greens, pears, tomato, cucumber, walnuts, turkey and blue cheese. The dressing was a DELICIOUS blend of balsamic, olive oil, honey, fresh basil, fresh garlic from Quebec, pure sea salt and pepper. That was my most successful dressing yet. I make a variation of this dressing all the time (with maple syrup not honey), but I found this recipe online to go with pears and blue cheese. I made it the other day but today's had more oil and was just a little less intense, so more mellow and delicious.

I am defrosting shrimp now to make some garlic/ginger/honey goodness with collard greens and other veggies later. I am in my gym clothes now, jus waiting to go workout. I don't know if I'll have the energy to work out intensely, but I will give it my best shot.

Okay, here are some pics of me in the last month. The one where I am more tan was this weekend, the other about a month ago when I first got my hair cut. After losing 9 lbs in the challenge, I looked very different again, but even with gaining back just 4-5 lbs it made the difference. I look similar between the two photos. When I achieve the body weight/measurements I am aiming for I will do a proper before and after body picture, but for now just the face will have to suffice.




Have a great evening everyone and Cheers! on my 200th post!!

No comments: