Monday, August 9, 2010

Game On! Game over!

I would like to say I am disappointed in myself for not playing with as much enthusiasm as my fellow Game On-ers, and for being largely responsible for us losing the game (I do not like to lose, and normally don't, ahem!, hahahah), but really, when I weighed in at 153.6 on Saturday, I was too excited to notice.

It's not really the number that excited me (though I desperately wanted to NOT lose more points for my team), it was the fact that for the first time in my adult life, I felt like I look like a non-overweight person, and I actually felt kind of thin. I felt light. I felt like my body looks right-er.

It's incredible, but up until now, my body pretty much looked exactly the same at any weight. I know things have changed, but I can't see them with my eyes--instead I use measurements to remind me I am making progress and not to give up. But the visual difference between 155 and 153 was shocking. Who knew 2 lbs would be the difference, the switch? Of course, since Saturday was my day off from the diet, and I was at a friend's cottage, I went overboard on ketchup chips (I'd been craving forever) and hot dogs and fresh caught trout and veggies and salad, etc... So after all that, I am today at 156. And while I don't care at all that I gained back a couple pounds, because I'm thrilled to have lost any at all, I SEE a clear-cut difference in my body from 153.

What I have also noticed though is that things are pretty flabby and pale and hairy and pasty-white. I think I will proceed as follows for the remaining work on my body:

1. Take a week of rest from intense workouts and eating overly carefully without binging.
2. Get back to regular workouts and semi-careful eating for a few weeks
3. Start another Game On! challenge in mid-September for 1 month, to lose another 5-10 lbs
4. Once I have moved (if this ever happens), start going to a personal trainer to tone up and get rid of some of the flabbiness, without getting excessively muscular. On my own I am getting big arms and such, and I want lean muscle, not big bulky man arms!
5. Take a relaxing vacation to reward myself for this hellish year and all the hard work I've done, and get a tan so I don't look quite so sick!
6. Once I have reached 140-145 lbs, just enjoy it and do basic maintenance while not becoming obsessed and still enjoying life to the fullest!

Done and done!

Oh and I really need to not be so lazy about waxing, it desperately needs to be done. But I imagine that if I go on vacation to tan, I will want to go at least so I don't throw up when I put on a bikini hahah!

Alright, I'm out for now. Have a great week everyone!

No comments: