Saturday, August 21, 2010

mmmm smoooshhhhy

I am in bed, still partially asleep but not able to fall back asleep. I am absolutely loving vegging in bed in my quiet apartment with this grey weather outside.

I think I'll do this for a little while, then maybe grack a light snack and head to the gym. Then I will make myself a nice big brunch with eggs and cheese, asparagus and cooked tomatoes, maybe some yogurt and fruit or toast... mmmm.

Some people either don't have time for mornings like these or can't be bothered to slow down every once in a while to relax, and I am not one of them. I think after spending my teenage and university years being a workaholic (honestly, as ridiculous as that sounds), I have now managed to master the art of doing nothing (within reason) and enjoying it. I am able to tell myself to relax, and tell others NO finally. I can say no to overtime, no to side projects, no to going out for the sake of my overall sanity. It's a nice feeling.

Tonight I have been invited to attend the Rogers Cup womens' semi-finals in a VIP box... I don't understand tennis at all, but I am very excited to see it live and see what this box is all about. A couple girls are going so it should be nice.

For my upcoming canoe trip I just bought the ugliest pair of shoes. I even negotiated with the sales girl (I figured women understand the following complaint) saying that 'it kills me to pay this much (not a lot actually, $50) for such an ugly pair of shoes that I have to have for one trip, and asked her if she could give me a discount. It worked! She gave me 20% off! I am a customer who NEVER complains and never asks for what I want, but I was exhausted and a little sassy as a result, and it worked for me. Yay!

Alright, I'm going back to just lying here for a bit longer, then it's gym time I suppose :)

No comments: