Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back to the routine

So I am officially back to my regular weight-loss routine and I hardly know what to do with myself ha! After such a structured diet, I find myself caught in between my old good habits and the habits developed in the game.

The game made me realize a few things, now that it's done: my regular diet contains a lot of carbs and fats (mostly good fats though), and not enough protein. I eat enough veggies in general, and I drink enough water. It also brings my attention to the fact that I eat a lot of foods with lots of sugar in them (without eating candy or sweets, for example my organic raspberry jam), but now I am just moderating the amount of these products that I eat, without cutting them. I am also going to try to stick to as little Diet Coke as possible (my addiction, though I usually have about 1-2 per week), not because it makes you fat but because it has no nutritional value whatsoever. If I am to treat my body well, I want to stick to a consistent diet of foods with few additives and foods that are rich in nutritional value even if they are high in fat or carbs, etc.

I have a fantastic workout yesterday. I was planning on not working out this week, but as soon as I got home I had put my workout clothes on, and it's funny because I didn't even feel like it. But I am glad I went because I was pumped once I started. I dit HIIT (running/walking in 1-minute intervals for 30 mins, with 5 mins of cooldown), followed by some abs, leg lifts, squats and deep stretching.

Instead of cutting my workouts altogether this week, I think I will just do it when I feel I need it, and eat well when I have the motivation to (right now that's most of the time which is a pleasant change). And I will try not to get worked up if I see the scale go up, since I know I'll go more intensely next week after all my guests have left (I have an Italian and a British visitor for a few days as of Thursday, then my best friend is coming over from Toronto for a couple of days, so it will be paaaarrtyy time). But so far, after my day of debauchery on Saturday, I have seen the scale go back down faster than it did during the challenge, mind you I am not eating 5 meals a day anymore.

Instead, I had two toasts with PB and jam yesterday, then for lunch I made a big salad with tomato, cucumber, peppers, mixed greens, oil/balsamic. I split that into a late morning snack and lunch, and accompanied it with slices of low-fat cheese and some uber healthy crackers. It was a nice, well-rounded meal. For dinner, I made two eggs scrambled with zucchini, tomatoes, hot sauce and threw on a quarter of an avocado. I followed that with a bowl of plain yogurt with blueberries, a bit of Kashi GoLean cereal and honey... mmmmmmm.

Ookay, just realized I have to get going to work, have a great day and sorry for rambling on.

No comments: