Wednesday, August 18, 2010

more rambling

I am bored again.

However, I have been invited on a canoe trip and I am suuuuper pumped about it. I will be with a bunch of French people, my Polish-Canadian friend and myself. Given the origins of my fellow campers, the food will be less hot dogs and burgers and more duck and raclette and fine cheeses, yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! Plus, we wont even need to feel bad about the fatty foods because we'll be hauling canoes all over the place and canoeing all day. I might even get a tan, bonus!

Since I haven't been able to take any vacation in the last 1.5 years, and probably wont for another 6 months, this trip is the most exciting one yet. I absolutely adore canoeing/rafting, and almost never get to do it. The last time I canoed was 2 years ago, and the last time I rafted was in the white waters of Nepal 4 years ago. So this trip to Algonquin Park (which I have never seen) is looking to be a fun one.

I am also trying to plan a trip to Ottawa and to Collingwood at some point. These small trips will get me through more months of my agonizing living situation.

I am back down to 156 today, hoping to be down to 155 by tomorrow or Friday. My workouts have been short and intense, and as always after a few days off, I feel like I haven't worked out in months. I have volleyball tonight, so that should be fun and painless, then tomorrow I'll have to hit the gym again. Friday will likely remain my day off because with a whole week of working out in me, I NEVER feel like doing anything at all on Fridays. I usually feel recharged by Sunday and have great workouts then.

Alright, I'm going to heat up my lunch (two tiny Angus beef sliders on tiny buns with cheese and condiments, with a large tomato salad with fresh mozzarella cheese, oil, vinegar, pepper and my new fleur de sel) mmmmmmmmm... Then I am forcing my cousin, who works downtown just next to me, to go on my usual walk up a steep hill for 10 minutes then down again for another 15.

Have a nice afternoon!

No comments: