Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm back: fat and happy

Hey y'all,

I survived a week of indulgent eating and laziness and I am ready to get back on track. It would have been impossible not to gain weight this week. This morning I was all the way back up to 159 from about 155 most of the week. I am not upset, I am actually pleased for having let myself relax a bit.

First of all, I had cupcakes. These aren't just any cupcakes, they are the pride of NYC, Magnolia Bakery cupcakes. For about 6 years I've tried in vain to get someone to bring me some back, but this time my Italian and British guests succeeded. And though not everyone was as enthused about them as I, they were as spectacular as I recalled. I just polished off the last bites this morning.

I not only had those visitors, I also had my best friend in from Toronto and a visit from another from Quebec City. I ate relatively well at the restaurants, but the homemade food was the killer. I ate loads of cheese and desserts too, so that didn't help. All in all, it was a resounding success and now it is time to get my ass in gear.

Aside from eating the last bites left of each of the cupcakes (I was eating them in quarters) I had a kiwi and a bowl of greek yogurt with Kashi, blueberries and a little honey, plus two glasses of warm water and now a glass of water/pomegranate juice. All of this is meant to PURGE my digestive system so I can start afresh.

I want to be back to 155 by the end of the week, and hopefully next week I can work on getting below that to get back to 153. I think that will be a toughie, but it might be doable, we'll see. My motivation is my best friend. She and I have similar body shapes, except she is like a condensed, fit version of me. Recently she has put on a few pounds and honestly, she looks AMAZING! She looks like Betty Boop with slightly smaller breasts, incredible. I know she is always very active and is fairly careful about what she eats, and I think I may be able to achieve this too if I am as committed as she is. I want to wow myself too.

Alright, that's enough from me. Have to start work shortly...

No comments: