Thursday, February 3, 2011

a week down and nothing lost

but nothing gained.

I am in exceptionally good spirits this week. Work is alright, which is better than it has been for over a year now (mostly due to personal problems mind you), and we'll be moving soon to our old office space, where we have tons of natural light and an amazing view of the city. I cannot wait.

I am still hovering between 139-140 lbs. I ate rather carefully even when eating out, I played 3 nights of intense volleyball, as well as light volleyball on Sunday, yoga, and loads of trudging through 3-4 feet of snow, and have not lost a pound. I would be angry, but I can't say I've been pushing myself too hard. In terms of exercise it's all I can do right now, but food wise I can always improve. It just takes motivation and organization, two things I'm lacking these days. That said, still making very wise takeout choices for my lunches...

My friend life and love life are nothing short of great, I'm staying fit, I'm preparing slowly for my trip to Italy, my family is in good health... what more could a girl ask for? Nothing. I have been counting my blessings, quite literally speaking, every day lately. After the two last years I had, I realized how fragile it all is. It's rare that everything is good at the same time, and who knows how long this will last, but for now I am simply stunned at people's care and generosity toward me. I am very tranquil in heart and mind right now. Rare for me.

Bedtime!

No comments: