Thursday, February 17, 2011

cravings...

And so the cycle begins again... the week of intense food cravings has arrived. So far so good.

I was still at 137.6 this morning, but I may be up a little higher tomorrow for a few reasons. It's okay, if anything it's water retention from soups I ate today, etc.

I love that I am still slowly losing weight and not plateauing. I am counting my blessings. I am constantly careful and mostly in control. I allow myself luxuries once in a while, like a big, blue-cheese-laden burger last weekend. The great thing is that since I have to be picky about the "cheats" I allow myself, I opt for much more fresh, healthy and tasty options. For example, while the calorie content may be similar, I would now opt for potatoes instead of chips, or a fancy, home-like burger rather than McDonalds, since the quality of the food I am eating is much better when you look at the bigger picture. If anything, controlling how I eat allows me to slow down and actually really appreciate the food I am eating. Everything is carefully chosen, even the fast food.

I felt like I hadn't eaten enough lately, so today I went for a few extras: with my chili for dinner, I asked for a multigrain bagel with cream cheese and one of those organic smoothie drinks that I love so much. I only treat myself to those once in a while, since I'm a firm believer that it's better to just eat whole, actual foods than things that come all pre-made. But I felt like I needed to amp up my fruit/veg content, so I had that, and lunch was a delicious tuna wrap (with spinach and tomatoes in it) with a sweet potato and basil soup that was delicioussssss.

Anyway, with my slightly larger than usual dinner, I feel satiated.

I played volleyball for 2 hours tonight and walked to and from it, for a total of 1-1.25 hours of walking. Good stuff! I may not have played yesterday, but I did much more walking than usual this week and did a tiny bit of swimming to boot.

I am drooling already in anticipation of my friend's birthday dinner tomorrow. We're taking her to an Italian place that I've nothing but great things about, and where EVERYTHING is homemade the day-of, including the ravioli/pasta, tiramisu and pizza dough... mmmmmm

Okay, to bed I go. Praying I'll magically be 137 tomorrow even though it's unlikely.

:)

No comments: