Monday, February 28, 2011

it's been a while

wow, how did I get to 140 this morning, from almost 136 two days ago? My theory: salt. I ate fairly well all week and weekend. My man and I usually go all out on Saturday night, but we weren't so bad aside from the bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs in which we gleefully indulged.

We had a pretty big scare in my family over the weekend, with my grandma sick in hospital. She's not doing great, but the outlook is much better than originally thought. So I spent some time at the hospital, then my parents arrived yesterday and I ended up eating at my aunt's place, and therein lies the source of the salt. Even though EVERYONE in the house is ALWAYS trying to lose weight, they keep bowls of chips and candy out for "guests". I always end up eating way too many regular chips, which I don't even like that much. I didn't go overboard, but the chips followed by two slices of pepperoni and cheese pizza they ordered for everyone (they were in no position to cook yesterday with everything going on) didn't help. I am almost positive my calorie intake was pretty low yesterday, but my salt intake must have been triple my usual... I'm hoping that's it anyway. Otherwise I'm actually back at 140 and I will have to be brutal with myself.

Speaking of that, my man is doing this eating routine (I'll use this instead of diet, since it's not so much about cutting as it is about alternating food intake patterns) that I will participate in somewhat. I am leaving soon for Italy, so I wont be able to manage it on vacation, but I should be pushing myself a little before I go.

I am slightly angry at myself, but not too much. I will try harder.

Have a great day!

No comments: