Monday, July 4, 2011

Still kicking ass...

I did go up weight-wise as usual over the weekend, but not drastically, and I have it under control.

This weekend was a continuation of both relaxation (to avoid another burnout, since things are extremely busy again) and working out. I took Sunday off, and spent the afternoon by the lakeside taking in the waves and rays with my man, after brunching, followed by an ice cream lunch and a family dinner at his parents' place... the one weak moment: at 8 pm his mom brought home a bag of steaming-fresh Montreal bagels, and I held out right until I saw Noodle bite into one, and I could see how fluffy and wonderful the bread looked. I am not a big bagel lover (I like them a lot, just can't compare myself to bagel-obsessed locals) but I cannot resist ANY form of doughy goodness.

In any case, this morning I had a yogurt, cereal and fruit breakfast, a salad at lunch that had chicken, strawberries/oranges/blueberries/pecans/pineapple, etc. (bought) with balsamic dressing and a green Arthur's smoothie. Dinner was (as unhealthy as this may sound), a slice of pizza. It was bought fresh from a fancy Italian place at the local fresh market and I got it to add more veggies to my meal. It had only minimal cheese. I added some chili spice and fancy balsamic. I also sided that with a salad made with fresh lettuce from Noodle's folks' garden, half an avocado, some almonds, capers, grated parmesan, fancy balsamic, olive oil, squeezed lemon juice, fleur de sel and ground pepper. yumsy.

So I am not sure if I mentioned it, but I did a kickass bootcamp on Saturday, and will try to go back again soon. Good times. Most of all the trainer fosters a real sense of "teamwork" which is rare with a lot of fitness-obsessed people unfortunately.

Tomorrow I will try to take a run, and tonight I played beach volleyball for about 2 hours or more. It was a great set.

Oh, remind me to tell you about how I am being a guinea pig and tested out this sport performance optimizer tonight as a one-time deal, and this meal replacement powder by Vega that I tried all last week in smoothies. I don't want to promote replacing meals with ground up vegetables, but I wanted to test it out for a few personal reasons. I'll post about it later in the week maybe. Until then, have a great sleep!

No comments: