Saturday, July 9, 2011

pardon the interruption...

It is 3 am. I am awake. I am angry at being awake. I am angry because I am depressed and haven't slept properly all week and I am finally able to sleep well and I get woken up by some asshole punching through the windows of the car parked outside my apartment, trying to break in. The moron thinks noone will see him when it's the loudest noise he just made, and his hand was bleeding. I yelled at him saying "I sure hope that's your own car" and he took off. Now I cannot sleep.

The Laws of the Hood.

I live in a neighbourhood that's up and coming, meaning it's still pretty dodgy at times. During the daytime, the atmosphere is totally different and it is amazing. At nighttime however, you wont catch me going for a stroll. Since I have moved here I have noticed a pattern: I get woken up at least once a week by someone screaming, vomiting, blasting music, fighting, breaking into cars, smashing a window, etc... ALWAYS AT THREE-IN-THE-EFFING-AYYY-EMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS. always.

I cannot express how relieved I am that I returned my leased car yesterday given this morning's events. I also cannot express my frustration at this wannabe car thief and all the trashy punks that feel the need to be loud at all hours... no I rephrase...at THIS (3AM) hour of the morning specifically, cutting into my best sleep.

PARDON MY FRENCH BUT FFFAAAAAAAAHHHHHCK.

Okay, I suppose I should go back to sleep. It's hard sometimes to fall back asleep after these crazy things happen.

No comments: