Thursday, May 12, 2011

cool runnings

So I have the running bug, officially. I need to force myself to take a break.

I have now run 45 minutes straight, twice, which is equivalent (by my approximate calculations) to 7 km. Yesterday, I ran to and from volleyball (10 mins each way roughly), for another 3-3.5 km or so. Tonight, I will drive to volleyball most likely, and tomorrow I am off, running at least. I will probably go to the gym to workout.

I am just driven by the warm sunshine we've been having and my new ability to run.

Did I mention I bought shorts? Running shorts. I have not worn shorts or anything above the knee since I was about 15 years old, because I have always hated my legs. I still find them massive, but the leaner I get the more comfy I am exposing them. And part of me also has to rationalize that there is nothing "shocking" about my legs and therefore I should just get over my stupid obsession.

Personally, I love wearing as little clothing as possible when doing sports, but I had always worn my soccer shorts down to the knees and my socks up to meet them... gets pretty hot in 35 degrees though! Now, being able to play beach vball in actual shorts (and not tight workout knee-length pants) and potentially even a short top would be amazing.

So it has begun. I exposed my jiggling, huge thighs to thousands of people as I ran for 45 minutes through downtown and along the canal where there are tons of super fit runners and cyclists. And as one would hope, nobody batted an eye...

Okay, off to finish my delicious breakfast (Greek yog, strawberries, banana, walnuts, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, maple syrup) and head to work. The week's almost over!

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You caught the running bug!! Now you'll never be rid of it and you'll miss it when you can't run! YAY YOU! xoxo