Saturday, May 28, 2011

advertorial, and my own little version of happy.

You may have a hard time following my moods, but hey, take it or leave it! I am in a calm but happy mood today. After weeks and months of socializing, I had some prized 'me' time today. I woke up at 10:30 a.m. (I rarely sleep in anymore past 8am on weekends, but lately I've been extra exhausted). I then took my sweet time taking a long, exfoliating bath, doing my nails, reading a couple of chapters of The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, being silent and listening to 50s music.

I also made my own delicious espresso, but it was so much that I had jitters all morning, and plucking eyebrows and painting toenails are quite the tasks with trembling hands! But I managed. I am feeling vintage today. Call me melodramatic, but my "look" is sometimes dictated by the music I am listening to. Given that I am listening to jukebox hits today, my hair and makeup are very clean and "pretty", as opposed to my usual slightly messy look. I am feeling my inner Audrey lately, inspired by my boyfriend's fondness for vintage beauty queens like Brigitte, Audrey and Sofia... I'm a big fan of the pinuppy Brigitte look usually, but lately I'm feeling prim and proper.

I decided to cut myself some slack about the weight and NOT workout today. Since I pretty much only did volleyball this week, I consider it a week off. Starting Monday, I will get back into it, possibly tomorrow depending on the weather.

Sadly, part of my glumness yesterday was triggered by seeing photos of myself. I "know" I am not fat, or even very chubby, but I still see a chunky person when I look at myself. I tell myself, at 5'2'', 140 IS in fact a little on the chubby side, then I slap myself by reminding me that I am thick and muscular, and curvy, and that is beautiful. Losing weight truly does prove to us crazies that weight, in itself, is not the issue. I will continue to try to work on my anxieties and distorted self-image, and try to not let these things have such a stronghold on my emotional state. I swear it! ha!

Alright, I am off to stuff my little vintage face with some not-so-old-school sushi and watch The Hangover II with a certain piece of arm-candy I like to call Noodle.

A sweet afternoon to you all, darlings.

No comments: