Saturday, March 23, 2013

Checking in and checking out

Hi friends.

I am just providing a brief update so you can know I have a valid excuse for my absence.

After the food poisoning and finally getting back into shape, I caught a horrendous flu. Think skin pain, muscle aches, fever, chest congestion. When all of that started to fade and I went back to work after 4 days off, I ended up leaving early again with a wicked pain in my ear and sinuses. It worsened and I was an emotional wreck by the time I got home. Throughout the night I kept taking Tylenol for the pain and I could no longer hear out my right ear.

When I woke up this morning to a sudden feeling of relief from some of the pressure in my face, I realized there was fresh blood in my ear. I decided it was time to go to the doctor.

Turns out I have developed a severe ear infection that burst and am now on antibiotics. I have never taken so many vitamins, supplements and pharmaceuticals in my life I think. I generally don't get sick much, or when I do it is super intense and quick. This is dragging and keeps changing from one awful symptom to the next. I am relieved to know these antiobiotics will allow me to hear again soon and not relive the stigmata for Easter.

Thankfully, my boyfriend, who is also not well, has been doing a lot to take care of me, since there were a few days where I was non-functional.

I wont be back at the gym probably for another week or more given that my lungs are still so congested. I do hope to start moving more since 5 days in a tiny apartment are enough to make me insane.

No comments: