Wednesday, February 6, 2013

oooh I'm sooo gonna kill you PMS

I went back to the gym, fully prepped and coaching myself to cope with the inevitable facing of my fear. I did it. Shockingly well. This is good news and bad news.

The good news is that my anxiety is basically manageable in ideal conditions: I feel good about myself, certain stressors are not there, and my hormones are in check.

The bad news: the minute a bad thing happens I am no longer equipped to cope. It is truly like night and day the difference I feel compared to last week in terms of sanity. And yet, I faced the exact same fear.

Anyway, all this to say there may be hope at the end of this tunnel. I need to see about PMS-y supplements and somehow snaggle my way in to see the ever elusive doctor.

For now, I consider facing my fear a victory... for one day anyway. Especially since I felt a little crappy and didn't feel like working out at all, and ended up having a great 45 minute run.

No comments: