Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back in the game

I am still anywhere from 145.5 to 147 lbs on any given day, but I'm trying not to care so much about this. My real concern is my lack of consistency. I have been going to the gym maybe two to three times per week on average, while this time last year I was playing volleyball twice a week, working out four times a week and sometimes doing other kinds of workouts.

I've been standing a little more on the metro and taking the stairs on occasion. And I've tried to start walking again at lunchtime. I think my new role at work makes it hard for me to take a solid 30 minutes to walk and eat my desk before, because I get a lot of last minute requests and changes that are hard to set aside. I'm really trying, but I just need the nice weather to come back and at least for that I will be very motivated.

It's been an emotional roller coaster for the last little while, but now it's more like a kid ride than a big, scary one. I am trying out evening primrose oil as a natural supplement. It's not EXACTLY designed to do what I need it to, but it may help. I was also recommended Vitex Combo for the PMS-related depression, anxiety, and other things. I took it the first day I got it, and I must say I was wired and upbeat all day while I should have been grumpy because of a mild hangover (which ALWAYS leaves me grumpy in the afternoon). Based on my reading, primrose oil is much less 'traumatic' for the body than this herb combo for hormone balancing, so I am sticking to just the former for the next few weeks. I think consulting a doctor before taking the other would be wise.

I worked out last night, and it was a good one. I still feel lethargic whenever I think about doing exercise, but I'm getting there and doing it anyway. I just wish I could be as motivated from Friday-Sunday, when it isn't part of a strict routine. If you remember, I absolutely need routine to stick to anything...

Off to vurk.

No comments: