Tuesday, August 2, 2011

everything looks better in the light of day

Well I am feeling better this morning. Yesterday, as the day went on I was feeling increasingly tired (having been woken up all weekend by neighbourhood antics at 3-4am). I napped, then volleyball was cancelled so I vegged out and went to bed early. Now I am feeling less anxious and down.

We had hailstorms yesterday, and this morning it is raining again, so I hope it ends before tonight's soccer game. I was doing so well exercise-wise. Mind you, I could have gone for a run in between storms yesterday (and thought about it briefly), but I gave myself a break. I can't do the same tonight, not in the mindframe I'm in lately, or it's a slippery slope.

This morning I am enjoying a smoothie that includes the following: no fat Greek yog (organic/probiotic since there was no regular left), a banana, pomegranate juice, a dash of boathouse mixed berry juice, spinach and a scoop of Vega Whole Food Optimmizer berry flavour. A half scoop equates to a snack replacement, since two scoops is a full meal.

I also made a beautiful ham sandwich for lunch. I say beautiful because instead of the standard ham, aged cheddar, semi-dry bread and mayo and traditional Dijon, I added spinach, a tomato out of my bf's parents' garden and salt and pepper.

Lately I've been eating way more dairy in the form of cheese, chocolate milk (post sports), some milk and yogurt. I've been breaking out, so now I am trying to cut it back to just yogurt and cheese and no milk unless it's a small amount and not daily. I've had issues with milk in the past, but I am self-diagnosing, so I'm in a process of trial and error. My main reason for the increase was to boost my calcium because apparently that helps with PMS symptoms.

Okay, I have to leave for work now, sorry for cutting this short. In sum, I think I'll have to take Calcium supplements instead.

No comments: