Thursday, August 25, 2011

clearly we are on a break

Hi gentle readers... what's left of you.

I just wanted to check in to let you know not to fret, I am very much staying on track, just seem to be averse to writing these days.

Here's a brief summary of my life as it stands at the moment:

1. In between everything, I have been reading The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz. Almost done, then will start up Ce que le jour doit a la nuit. It's nice to be taking the time to read again (hence my lack of time for blogging).
2. I have been up and down between 140 and 136, but since I've been making home food more and more, it's easier for me to stay at 137-138. If I stop jumping back up every weekend, I might one day manage to break 135. I am hopeful yet.
3. I have been playing vball twice weekly, soccer once a week, running about 1-2 times a week weather permitting, and enjoying a healthy stream of romantic gymnastics with my boyfriend on the weekends. So exercise, as usual, is no problem.
4. I've been feeling amazingly this week as far as my body is concerned. Must be hormonal. Ha!
5. My boyfriend is doing this impossible fitness challenge, most of which would be quite impossible for me with my build (it's geared to upper-body strong men), but the final step is to do a 30-second stationary hand-stand. So I have challenged myself to learn to do that, since that's the one thing he can't do either, so we can practice together. I've become a little obsessed and (like him) am constantly thinking (oooh, loook at thaaat, I could do a handstand there).
6. My emotional state is being monitored/charted daily so I can figure out why I get depressed randomly but usually around PMS time, to see if it's PMDD or PME.

Okay, I'm off to volleyball. Wish me a smashing good time!

No comments: