Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's been a while

What a rollercoaster I've been on the last week... I barely have a moment to breathe let alone blog, so excuse me please for my long absences...

Essentially, the scale has been up and down. I got back down to 137, twice. I think I'll be higher tomorrow morning even though I'm being careful. It's getting pretty frustrating but ah well. I guess after loading up on carbs in Italy, it will be easier to drop pounds when I get back and find some sort of routine of working out (with better weather). I haven't felt like reporting much because it's up and down every day.

I've been relatively good about getting enough fruits and veg, just overdoing the carbs slightly, and under-doing the protein en consequence.

My grandma is doing much better this week. She's still in the hospital but I've visited her a few times and can leave with my mind at ease since I see tangible improvements and can clearly see that the original and frightening "2 weeks to live" diagnosis was way off. She's a fighter, my Grandmaman... I would also like to dedicate a special thanks to her on International Women's Day, for being so awesome and an inspiration to me spiritually.

I busted a finger playing volleyball yesterday, which is unfortunate since it was my last game for week, but I guess it's better since I'll have weeks to heal. I don't know if it's fractured or just sprained, I'll have to just wait and see. For now it's mobile, but blue and swollen and painful to the touch... but not so painful if I'm careful.

I am packing right now. I have to pack way in advance (for me) because I wont really have time tomorrow (I leave Thursday). I'm not used to packing in advance but it needs to be done. I have a work-related pot luck to organize as well as a wedding gift thingy for a co-worker, as well as putting my car away for two weeks and on and on and on...

All in all, I am totally unprepared for this trip, but not worried much because I'm meeting people there who are locals. I am sad to be leaving behind my wonderful man-friend, but will be having an all-girls vacation that will do me some good.

on the phone, gotta go!

No comments: