Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 1. A sort-of start.

It has begun. Well, officially the detox starts Monday, but since Easter will interfere with my ability to follow this 21-day program through to the end, I am getting an early start.

Here's what has to happen for the next 3 weeks:

8 hours of sleep a day
lots of liquids
starting the day with hot water/lemon then fluids only for the first half of the day (veg/fruit/protein smoothies or juices)
The remaining meals/snacks must be gluten free, vegan, mainly organic, and no caffeine or alcohol or sugar
I am expected to do 21 classes in 21 days (but the gym encourages people to double up rather than doing 1 class every single day); but really, we just need to make sure to do 35 minutes of exercise per day, a mix of intense and restorative workouts.
I am supposed to meditate for 15 minutes a day, but I'll only get the meditation and all the other missing pieces on Monday.

I am keeping a journal of everything, but since it's my start day, here are my deets:

I have followed through on everything so far, weighing in this morning at 151.4. I have a baby shower from 1-4, so I will try to not gorge myself of non-detox thingies, but that is why this is a sort-of start. My real-deal start will be tomorrow. I did that "cunnilingi" class (it's actually called Kundalini Flow).

I got a meal plan so I don't have to stress about the cooking (doing this challenge was already a risk considering how busy the next months are likely to be), and everything they've made so far is SUPER SUPER tasty, mmmmmm. I don't think this part will be hard at all. I think the hardest part for me will be managing my schedule and social events, oh and motivating myself to workout.

Alrighty, off to get ready to head out to this baby shower.

No comments: