Sunday, March 16, 2014

a gentle start

Officially, the Best Shape of Your Life Challenge starts on March 31, with a 21-day detox, followed by I don't know what yet since I don't have all the details, then another 21-day detox two months later, then more I don't know what.

I found out (after paying) that during the 21-day parts, you're expected to do AT LEAST 1 class a day, which is kind of ridiculous with my schedule, but apparently my other activities (vball, running) will count, so that's a relief. I think you're bound to 3-4 classes a week for the rest of the program, which leaves me plenty of room for wedding-related appointments, and the classes are relaxing enough to help me unwind from what has been a hectic year at work.

The nice girl who registered me opened up my membership early (unlimited classes for 4 months starting March 31) to encourage me to get a head start. So I seized the opportunity and yesterday did something called "Kundalini Glow" yoga, which I mistakenly called something like "Kunnilingi Glow" hahaha! I think that sounds more appealing anyway ha! I am SO NOT INTO YOGA! It's really official. But whatever, I will do it for relaxation purposes, and if anyone tries to convince me it's an actual workout then they can save it for someone who hasn't already tried yoga about 100 times.

Today, though, I did pilates, and that is much more my speed. It's tough, yet also mellow, without all the religious speak involved in yoga. It's a workout, yet it is relaxing. They have other, more intense classes blended with boxing too.

Now, I am giving their uber healthy food a try (something called an Aztec Salad and a brownie) and so far the salad is great. I bought a food plan so they prepare all my lunches and dinners for the detox, and I make juices for breakfast at home with the juicer.

I am trying to ease my way into what will no doubt be a challenging 3 weeks, but so far it's feeling nice.

Alright, gotta gobble down this salad so I can go see my friend. Have a nice day!

No comments: