Monday, December 5, 2011

I should feel bad...

I should feel bad (not guilty, but at least VERY responsible for and aware of my actions) because I am being a baaad girl. Not only am I officially out of sports for the next few weeks because of a hip injury, but I am eating way more junk than I'd like to admit. High quality junk, but junk nonetheless.

Some of it I don't mind. Like the red velvet cupcake I was generously offered today that rocked my world. But some of the little things I've been eating here and there, when I originally tell myself no, is what will do me in if it doesn't stop.

So I think that this weekend I should come up with a game plan, some sort of structured approach to get me through the next month. In January, I should be completely recovered and will be playing team sports three nights weekly, in addition to my Portugese classes. For now, though, I need ideas, strokes of genius to fit in exercise while I have a limp and cannot push myself too hard.

Onto another subject before I head off to my second-to-last Level 1 class, did I mention I've rediscovered my love for Christmas. Well only time will tell really (once the day itself has passed, when I invariably declare that I hate this holiday and want to escape to the woods alone), but I have high hopes. The main reason is that I have a certain someone in the house whose child-like love of all things yuletide is infectious. That's right, I caught Christmas fever, aka influenza XMAS2011.

Okay, gotta run, take care munchkins!

No comments: