Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Progress update

Hi guys!

I hope you're all doing well and still working toward your goals. If not, start again.

I just wanted to write a quickie to say that my non-blogging is NOT a sign that I have fallen off the fitness wagon. Quite the opposite. Since my real goal was overall health and well-being, one of my sub-goals was to read a bit more. Now, I have realized that squeezing reading in means pushing blogging out. I am only ever home in intervals of one hour or less, which means I have to use that time to eat, clean, shower, get dressed, etc. Because of my very busy fitness schedule, I haven't watched TV for more than an hour or so in months, and the 30 minutes of free time I have here and there is used to read some amazing book lately.

Right now it's Ce que le jour doit a la nuit, then it will be The Kite Runner.

As far as weight loss, I am STILL, yes STILL AFTER 6 MONTHS, trying to get below 136. However, in the last two weeks my weight gets to 136 quicker, and I think I'm about to break through, but I hesitate to get excited because Thanksgiving is coming up, along with a host of family functions. I will do my best to stay on track, but I think 135 may be slowly slipping out of my reach in the next month.

I am running, playing as much drop-in vball as I can until the management gets its shit together and the leagues resume, and indoor soccer, which is probably THE single most exerting sport next to squash in terms of cardio.

My life is great, eating is great, working out is great. Everything except the fact a 6-7 year old girl on a school bus greeted me with grimaces and the middle finger yesterday morning. It was a sign of a bad day ahead in hindsight, as I suspected. I hope today will be less unpleasant.

No comments: